Call for Applications
The Korea Democracy Foundation Research Fellowship 2018
The Korea Democracy Foundation is accepting applications for its annual research fellowship program. Fellowship is available for research focused on the Democratization and democracy of Asia.
Research fellows will be expected to complete one research paper for publication in the KDF’s Journal or KDF’s Working Paper (November 2018) and present at Asia Democracy Conference 2018(August 2018).
These funded research opportunities are available to doctoral candidates, recent Ph.D.s, and mid-career faculty as well as advanced scholars and independent researchers with relevant topics.
The Fellow will receive a $2,500 stipend for the research paper after it has been accepted for publication by KDF and will be recognized at Asia Democracy Conference 2018.
The Korea Democracy Foundation (KDF) was established to contribute to the development of democracy by carrying out projects to memorialize the democratization movement and inherit its spirit in accordance with the Korea Democracy Foundation Act (Act 6495) passed into legislation on June 28, 2001. The KDF carries out support projects and arranges events to develop democracy movement, such as the establishment and operation of the Korea Democracy Memorial Hall. It also collects, digitizes, manages, and researches documents for the historical organization of the democratization movement as well as the democratization movement artifacts preservation, management and publicization.
Institute for Korean Democracy (IKD) is Research Institute in Korea Democracy Foundation. The aim is to inherit and develop its spirit through collecting and researching about democratization and democratization movement in Korea and to strengthen a research foundation of Korea Democracy.
- Area of Research : Democratization (democracy movement) and democracy of Asia Number of Researchers: 3 researchers
- Deadline for Application: From April 9, 2018 to May 11, 2018
- Application Method: E-mail (email@example.com)
- Selection Result Announcement : May 25, 2018 (via E-mail)
- Period of Fellowship: From June to November 2018
- Research Grant: Approximately 2,500 USD
※ If necessary, 50% of the award may be paid in advance for the cost of prior preparations. In that case, the remaining 50% will be paid after submitting the final research paper.
※ One round-trip airfare is included in that grant for participation on Asia Democracy Conference 2018(We can pay an extra fee -accommodation and expenses)
- One application form (Appendix 1, 2)
- Certificate Coursework Completion or Graduation for a master's degree or a doctoral
- degree (if applicable)
- Personal Statement (2 pages in length with a free format)
- A copy of the first two pages of the applicant's passport
- All the above documents must be written in English.
- Late applications after the submission deadline are not accepted.
- Incomplete applications with missing documents are not accepted, and submitted documents are not returned.
- The copyright of all research results will be set according to the guidelines of the KDF.